Search This Blog

Monday, August 19, 2013

Sad Sam Blues Jam



In all my years the one thing that I can honestly say I have lucky with is that in my travels I have had amazing opportunities to experience music. Through my time in Austin, New Orleans, Memphis and Chicago I have seen some the best and most varied of musical talents. I also find it amusing that when people look at me they think they see a good ole buy that surely likes bluegrass. And to me honest I love bluegrass, but I am not one to rule out blues, rock, country, reggae, whatever!



In June I had a chance to visit the Fort Wayne Rib Fest and while there I seen a fantastic group of teens play some foot taping blues. Fronted by three girls (young women?) the Sad Sam Blues Jam, rocked the park that day!

The group is made up of sisters Sadie and Sam Johnson, Krista Hess and Jacob Gates.




The good news? They are scheduled to play at the Linton Music Fest 6:15 pm Sunday September 1. I for one plan on attending that!

Find out more about then at:





No comments:

Post a Comment