Search This Blog

Friday, August 16, 2013

Let us reason together

I was thinking of my statements about the multiple churches in a neighboring town and that reminded me of a story I had recently heard. A story of a group that I think are working hard to become what Christ meant for us all to be; The Three Nails Project over in Monroe City IN. Here is a family that had devastation visit their lives. Their story leads us from a couple who had wealth only to lose it all. They then heard a calling from God, to redirect their lives, dedicate themselves and serve Him.




In their own words, “We decided to change how we lived. Instead of pursuing the American dream, we began to sell off or give away all unnecessary "stuff".” And “We are beginning to recognize the awesome experience you can have when you quit living your life in pursuit of the empty American dream.”
Their calling is to reach out and help those in need. To assist those that God leads them to. Some of the mission activities they have worked in include:
  • ·        Tornado relief in Joplin, MO, and Henryville, IN
  • ·        Hurricane relief following Hurricane Sandy
  • ·        Earthquake relief in Haiti
  • ·        South Dakota Indian Reservation assistance
  • ·        Plus a bunch of service projects locally



Just think of this, a family that sold off to support Christ, just think a Church or a community could do IF they reached out for Him!

Isaiah 1:11-14 (KJV) says “11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats. 12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts? 13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with ; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting. 14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth : they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.”

I honestly believe that God is sick of us building great buildings, landscaping multiple acres, decorating sanctuaries in finery and hosting great fellowships for our comfort, while the world around us hurts. Our mission is NOT to make ourselves comfortable but to minister to the lost and needy.

Read on, in Isaiah, 1:17-19 we are told, “17 Learn to do well ; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. 18 Come now , and let us reason together , saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. 19 If ye be willing and obedient , ye shall eat the good of the land:”


Works!

No comments:

Post a Comment